A north west London CCG approached us to build a cost and forecasting model for primary care from 2017-18 to 2021-22.
Using our expertise in primary care budgets and practice payments, we ensured our model encompassed all aspects of core contracts, including scenarios for practice equalisation, CCG commissioning intentions, transitional support payments and the submission requirement for a pan-London review.
- Developing assumptions, liaising with the CCG and NHS England leads to obtain current financial information
- Building and testing a robust model and its outputs
- Developing scenarios and analysing their affordability
- Creating a dashboard and charts to demonstrate the transformation of practices over the 5 year period, to practice level
- Ensuring the final model met the customer’s needs and that they acquired the skills in-house to use it to its full capability.
The model was praised for being robust and its reports easy to use. Our customer also appreciated how easy it was to complete the pan-London submissions, and to update assumptions for future years.