Evaluating the Prime Minister's Access Fund Projects in Tower Hamlets and Lambeth
NEL Healthcare Consulting is evaluating the Prime Minister’s Access Fund projects in Tower Hamlets and Lambeth in order to help both the CCGs and provider organisations understand how successful their programmes have been in addressing access issues in primary care.
We provided an end-to-end formative evaluation of these Prime Minister’s Access Fund programmes through a mixed methods approach:
- Facilitating stakeholder input, including professional and patient focus groups,
- Feedback postcards from patients in practices,
- Interviews with local primary care clinicians,
- Evaluations from patients and a borough-wide patient survey.
- Demand and capacity audits taken at three different times over the lifetime of the access hubs in order to understand the impact on in-hours primary care,
- Health economist assessment of value for money impact of the hubs,
- Patient pathway mapping (focusing on high users of urgent care services) to assess the impact on the individual patient journeys through the urgent care pathways.
NEL Healthcare Consulting submitted evaluation reports and ran a number of sessions to share the results and support both commissioners and providers in planning their next steps based on the results.