Support for delegated co-commissioning arrangements
NEL Healthcare Consulting supported a group of CCGs to establish themselves as delegated co-commissioners of primary care. The adoption of primary care commissioning comes with unique challenges through the potential conflict of commissioning services delivered by the CCGs’ own constituents. Alongside this are the tight timelines for agreeing shared objectives and establishing robust governance arrangements.
NEL Healthcare Consulting provided support to:
- Develop consensus on the structure of primary care commissioning and manage the due diligence process,
- Create the required operational and governance policies and support the mobilisation of each CCG Primary Care Committee (recruitment of members) and keep this within time and budget,
- Facilitate conversations and joint working with NHS England to agree information requirements and clarity on roles and responsibilities across the areas of joint responsibility,
- Designing the urgent decision making process,
- Ensure that training and development opportunities were made available to primary care commissioning committee members,
- Smooth the transition from set up to business as usual, by designing the process to evaluate and make decisions on the Prime Ministers’ Access fund and provide premises expertise to identified practices with complex or difficult schemes.
The CCGs were successful with their applications to take on delegated responsibility for primary medical services. They are in the first wave of CCGs to take on this level of responsibility.Download as PDF »