NELIE (NEL Information Exchange) is our innovative web-based business intelligence self-service platform designed to present actionable insight from your data, allowing for better decisions both at population and individual patient level.
NELIE has been shaped by our customers, with reports that are easy to use and understand. Customer feedback continues to guide its ongoing development, with new reports being added and rolled out regularly to address pressing health and social care issues.
We recognise the importance of supporting you to commission the best possible care for your patients. As part of the NHS, we have a deep understanding of how local and wider health and social care systems work. We have the skills and practical expertise to turn data insights into transformed services and improved outcomes for your patients, tackling inequalities and inefficiencies.
- Patient-level risk stratification to identify those most at risk of hospital admission
- A suite of long term condition reports, including diabetes and dementia
- A standard patient pseudonym that allows commissioners to speak directly with clinicians in a secure manner without the need for sharing patient identifiable information such as their NHS Number.
- A drag and drop reporting tool allowing you to build your own reports.
NELIE support and training
We offer a wide variety of services to improve your experience of NELIE.
- NELIE Support, the bespoke service desk for NELIE. This team offers expert first line knowledge and advice, triaging all NELIE related requests.
- Training on NELIE, from face to face sessions to regular webinar training.
- Regular newsletters to make sure you’re always kept informed of new developments.
- Access to our Specialist Business Intelligence team’s local knowledge and advanced analytical techniques.
Our Pan-London Medicines Dashboard
Our team developed a Pan-London Medicines Dashboard, which is built using the national prescribing data downloaded each month from NHS Digital. As the data is open source the dashboard is open to all to view. For more information, please refer to the national website. Due to the size of the data set we restrict the data to 24 months.
How to use the report
Using the report is intuitive with selection filters allowing you to focus on specific aspects of the report for example, drug groups and specific drugs or STPs and CCGs. The visuals are also interactive and allow you to filter the report (holding down Ctrl to filter multiple visuals). Right clicking on the visuals also offer more ways to interrogate the data.
The report makes it easier for Commissioners to explore and support more effective prescribing.
See dashboard below
“NHSBSA Pan-London Medicines Dashboard, NHSBSA Copyright 2019” This information is licenced under the terms of the Open Government Licence.