You need to deliver clear and consistent messages that help patients, the public and corporate audiences alike to navigate both the established healthcare landscape and the complex changes that the future is bringing. Our diverse communications and engagement service can help you. We have worked within some of the most challenging situations to support our clients’ reputations.
We can help you connect effectively and efficiently with your most important and hardest to engage audiences. We work locally, regionally and nationally to deliver creative responses to your briefs and drawing on our in-depth knowledge of UK healthcare. As well as our NHS background, our large team can draw from team members’ previous experience including national journalism, global PR, and digital and creative agencies.
We understand that engagement, commitment and understanding of patients and partners underpins successful system change. We can help with this, alongside delivering continued excellence in day-to-day communications, linking your communities and the services they rely on.
Our teams are equipped to handle any size of project, from complex public consultations and major reconfiguration programmes to overview and scrutiny committee presentations and intensive marketing campaigns or one-off projects.
Our communications team are trusted advisers and can offer you advice on:
- Statutory consultation and engagement responsibilities
- Responsibilities and requirements for formal and informal local authority overview and scrutiny committees
- Effective engagement with a range of stakeholders including special interest groups, campaigners and patient representatives
- Written answers to parliamentary questions
- Handling ministerial visits
- Crisis readiness and response (recent examples include contentious reorganisations and cyber attack, both in immediate communications and system learning afterwards.)
Communications and media management
Our communications managers work as extensions of your teams, to define and deliver an agreed programme of work in line with the communications and engagement plan. This varies according to client requirements but could include:
- Developing and disseminating articles
- Newsletters for a range of stakeholder audiences
- Blogs on behalf of clinical leaders
- Slide decks
- Web copy
- Internal communications and intranet content
- Production of materials for AGMs and annual reports
- Monitoring of social media channels
We deliver proactive and reactive media relations, placing stories in our clients’ local media and responding to media enquiries while building positive relationships with journalists. We provide a 24/7 media response service and media monitoring to identify the stories that really matter to our clients.
Consultation and engagement
We are experts in the integrated planning and delivery of public engagement and consultations. Our consultation experts work closely with clinicians and commissioners across care systems to aid them in their decision making process, and convey complex proposed changes in plain English alongside an easy read version of the consultation document.
We regularly plan and deliver events to support client work programmes. We work collaboratively with you to scope objectives, ensure appropriate representation from your local communities and stakeholder organisations. We support development of materials, including messaging of key information and can supply experienced facilitators to lead engaging, energetic discussions.
Creative, Digital and Marketing team
Our in-house Creative, Digital and Marketing team can provide you with innovative solutions to support you to engage with your patients, communities and stakeholders.