Waltham Forest CCG’s communications and engagement department was under pressure; it faced a growing volume of work, and relationships with stakeholders needed to improve. Our team was asked to restructure the department and turn it around.
We achieved this by:
- Developing a strategy to deliver effective communications and engagement within its very limited resources.
- Managing all communications and engagement requirements, including the annual general meeting, 360° stakeholder survey, annual report, stakeholder engagement report, internal and external stakeholder communications, patient engagement group, media relations, public affairs, consultations and more.
- Creating an enhanced website, which was highly commended for ‘best website’ at the Association of Healthcare Marketing Awards.
- Establishing two partnership working groups to integrate communication with GP practices and to join up communications and engagement between the CCG, council, NHS providers and voluntary organisations.
- Recruiting a new in-house communications and engagement team.