This specialised team work closely with the integrated cancer system/strategic clinical networks to improve cancer services and act as the interface with CCGs to this specialised advice and support.
- Analysis of provider cancer performance targets against cancer waiting times targets, work with providers and commissioners to improve performance where required.
- National Quality Assurance programme for providers of cancer services (Cancer Peer Review) - commissioning input to the assurance process, report on findings and monitor implementation with providers
- Link results of national clinical audits and follow up with providers to other cancer data
- Support the system and CCGs in developing commissioning intentions for cancer services and implementing contractual mechanisms to deliver these
- Close liaison with providers of cancer services to understand and address quality concerns
- Report on cancer patient experience surveys, identifying key areas for improvement
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop cancer strategy and drive improvements in patient pathways quality, experience and value for money
If you would like further information, please contact our Business Development team.